The Presentation (Advanced) module covers the advanced skills needed to plan and create effective presentations, manage and protect presentations, as well as the technical considerations of giving presentations.
Presentations are helpful in a wide range of business settings and are now a standard communication tool. At the same time, how information is presented has a big impact on how well that information is understood. Workers need to be able to communicate complex information in ways that suit different types of audience and for different purposes.
This module is suitable for a wide range of candidates; for example, employees who need to share knowledge with others, entrepreneurs pitching for support or investment, business people selling a product or service, or academics presenting research findings or new projects.
Successful candidates will be able to plan and design complex presentations that communicate effectively with the target audience in the chosen venue. After passing this module, candidates will feel confident creating advanced presentations from scratch. They will be able to:
– understand and adapt to the demographics of the audience;
– recognise the importance of graphical elements and when to use them;
– identify where and how multimedia elements can enhance a presentation;
– apply settings to improve the attractiveness and delivery of presentations; and
– understand technical considerations such as equipment, lighting, and accessibility.
Do you want to better understand the Presentation (Advanced) module and how we test skills and knowledge?
Try out the Presentation (Advanced) sample tests here to get a feel for the coverage of the module, or practice before your certification test.