The Data Protection module covers covers important knowledge relating to data protection concepts and principles, data subject rights, data protection policies and measures, and regulatory compliance.
With more and more activities and transactions going digital, a growing number of workers find themselves handling sensitive personal data. It is more important than ever that the people working with personal data have the skills to do so securely and legally.
The personal consequences for individuals of a breach of the security of their personal data can be substantial, as can be the legal and commercial consequences for organisations. An understanding of data protection concepts is increasingly valued by employers. This module is relevant for organisations inside and outside the European Union.
Successful candidates will be able to manage and process personal data in a manner compliant with relevant regulations. After passing this module, candidates will feel confident implementing a personal data policy, managing risks, facilitating requests, and reacting to breaches. They will be able to:
– concepts relating to personal data and its protection;
– understand the background and scope of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR);
– identify the rights of data subjects and the responsibilities of organisations;
– know how to implement a data protection policy that is compliant with regulations; and
– know what to do in the event of a data breach.
Do you want to better understand the Data Protection module and how we test skills and knowledge?
Try out the Data Protection sample tests here to get a feel for the coverage of the module, or practice before your certification test.